Monday, September 27, 2010

Güten Tag!

a little jet lagged... a little overwhelmed...

So if you see some spelling that's funkier than usuall from me, keep that in mind. Oh, and keyboards in Deutchland are odd: extra symbols everywhere, letters in different spots.

So in the few minutes I have, here's some random stuff:

*I made sure to get a window seat on the 10 hour flight from LAX to Amsterdam (where I changed planes) so I could see the country I was flying over. But very low fog ment I only saw Amsterdam a few seconds before touchdown. And the first thing I saw in Amsterdam when we broke through the clouds?

McDonalds. Arches right there next to the airport.

*Walked to what was once Checkpoint Charlie: the main crossing between East and West. Right next to the guard shack was... McDonalds.

*Germans seem to love being warm. I'm keep mz windows open, and am almost sweating everywhere I go because eveyone had the heat set at about 80. (this helps explain why so many German's vacation in Palm Springs in the summer)

*Beer is cheaper than water here... as it should be everywhere.

more later...

*So far, most everyone speaks at least enough English to keep me from getting too lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment