Monday, November 22, 2010

The Silver Lining

Let's be real; being unemployed sucks. It's only taken me five days, or only three working days, to figure that out.

But here's something that doesn't suck. I am in awe about how many people have reached out to me since Thursdsay. Some of you have posted on Facebook, others through e-mail, and some have called  even if it ment searching for a phone number.

Friends old and new, from here at home and accross the country.

And You've sent messages of sorrow and support. Some of you have sent phone numbers for me to call about other work. Some of you have asked for resumes to deliver to the right people. I'm quite out of practice for resume writing, and one friend stepped up to do just that, making me seem a lot more exciting than I really am.

I've saved your notes.

And no matter what you have said, posted, or offered, you are all precious to me. I never expected to be in this position, and I could never imagine this reaction from you all. An example: the blog that was really just so my family and non-teevee friends to hear what I was doing, and was only knows to my friends on Facebook, has recieved more hits than I have Facebook friends.

I don't know how that math works, but I think it's cool.

So I'm looking. I've already sent resumes, made calls, am researching buying and/or renting and/or leasing gear, although I would rather be staff somewhere.

And I'm trying to not think about the bad and instead counting my blessing: we are far from panic mode; we are in good health; and as I've learned this week, I am rich with fantastic friends.

Thank you all, every one of you, and if you are sitting next to a non-facebook friend, please pass this along to them, too.

And please, keep sending those ideas, contacts and notes.

p.s. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, but there is a move to have a little get-together here in El Lay... to have an adult beverage and complain/cry/laugh. Probably after Thanksgiving weekend. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment